Convert Mkv File To Mp4 For Mac
# Cisdem DVD Burner. OS Platform: Mac OS X 10.10 or later. Cisdem DVD Burner is one of the best MKV to ISO converters available for Mac that's armed with an array of features to make your ISO creating and DVD burning more smoothly. The application supports over 200 video formats, meaning that apart from MKV, you can burn MP4, FLV, AVI, AVCHD, DIVX, MOV, etc. To ISO format/DVD disc as well. File extension.MP4: File category: VIDEO: Additional information about: MP4 is the official file name for MPEG-4 part 14 and is a multimedia container format commonly used to store audio and video but can also store other data such as subtitles and still images. Although Mac’s default player supports the MP4 video format natively, it can only play files compressed with MPEG-4, MPEG-2, and H.264 codecs. If you want to play an MP4 file encoded with a different codec, you’ll need to install a player that supports that codec, or convert. Actually, get one reliable and professional video converter is the fastest and easiest way to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac. You can convert MKV files to MP4 on Mac as much as possible here. And the whole process can be finished offline in a short time. Furthermore, Mac Video Converter.
Last updated on January 3rd, 2017
In some cases you have to convert MKV to MP4 video format, because the MKV video format is not compatible with all digital devices or Media Players. The MKV (Matroska Multimedia Container) video format is a powerful video format that supports high definition quality, but Apple's devices (e.g. iPad Air, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPod Touch 6, AppleTV) don't support it. Also an MKV video cannot be added on iTunes which support only MP4 and QuickTime formats, or on the Sony Vegas video editing program.
To bypass MKV compatibility, you can use the free VLC Media Player program to convert the .mkv video format to .mp4 video without loosing MKV's video quality.
- Related article:Convert MKV to MP4 by using MkvToMp4 converter.
In this tutorial you can find detailed instructions on how to easily convert any MKV video file to an MP4 video by using VLC Media Player.
How to convert MKV to MP4 in VLC Media Player (Windows & MAC)
1. Download and install VLC Media Player from: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
2. Launch VLC Media Player and from the main menu select Media > Convert/Save
3. At the File tab click the Add button.
4. Choose the .mkv video file that you want to convert and click Open.
5. Click the Convert/Save button.
6. At the Profile select: Video –H.264 +MP3 (MP4) and then click the Settings icon next to it.
7A. At Encapsulation tab select MP4/MOV
7B. At Video codec tab, check both the Video and the Keep original video track checkboxes.
7C. At Audio codec tab, check both the Audio and the Keep original audio track checkboxes and then click the Save button.
8. Click the Browse button.
9. Specify the destination and give a filename for the converted MP4 video file. When done click the Save button.
Convert Mp4 To Mov File On Mac
10. Finally click the Start button.
11. Wait until the MPV to MP4 converting process is complete.
12. Navigate to the destination folder to find the converted mp4 video file*
* Note: If you have audio delay problems while playing the converted MP4 video file, then from the main menu navigate to Tools > Track Synchronization and modify the Audio track synchronization setting (to positive or negative time), or – even better – convert your MKV to MP4 by using the MkvToMp4 converter.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.