Download Jabber For Mac
Download XMPP/Jabber clients for PC Windows. Psi 0.14 installer. Most popular XMPP client for MS Windows. Note: iChat (iMessages) in Mac OS X have build-in XMPP/Jabber support. Pidgin IM client fork for Mac OS X; Psi. Full-featured XMPP client for Mac OS X; XMPP/Jabber clients for mobile devices Android.
Jabber lets you connect and collaborate with your Stanford colleagues through a variety of communication channels using your computer.
- If your university-owned PC does not have the Software Center application, contact your departmental IT technician or the IT Service Desk to enroll in our PC Management service. Personally owned PC. Jabber for Windows Download (link opens to a Cisco webpage) Mac OS. University owned MAC: Download from Self Service.
- To install Cisco Jabber 2019 For MAC, you will need to install an Android Emulator like Bluestacks or Nox App Player first. With this android emulator app you will be able to Download Cisco Jabber full version on your MAC PC and iOS/iPAD.
- Download Cisco Jabber or Cisco Jabber VDI. Also available on Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Downloads Home; Find; Select a Product. Search results for 'jabber ' We were unable to find the support information for the product jabber Please refine your query in the Search box above or by using the following suggestions: Verify the correct spelling of the product name; Include both the product name and number in your search.
- Apple OS X El Capitan 10.11 (or later)
- Download Cisco Jabber for Mac.
- Double-click the downloaded file from your browser and then double-click the Install_Cisco-Jabber-Mac.sparkle_guided.pkg file to start the Cisco Jabber installer wizard.
- When the Welcome screen displays, click Continue.
- Read the license agreement if you wish and then click Continue. Click Agree to accept the terms of the license agreement and continue with the installation.
- You may be prompted to select the disk where you want to install Jabber. Select your hard drive and then click Continue.
- Click Install to perform the standard installation.
- At the prompt, enter your administrator account password for the Mac and click Install Software.
- When the software has finished installing, click Close.
- To launch Jabber, open your Applications folder and double-click the Cisco Jabber.app icon.
- Enter your [email protected] (for University affiliates), [email protected] (for SHC affiliates), or your login [email protected] (SCH affiliates) and click Continue.
- For Stanford University affiliates, the WebLogin screen appears. Enter your SUNet ID and your SUNet ID password and click Login. Two-step authentication may also be required. Stanford Children's Health and Stanford Health Care affiliates will be prompted to enter their password.
- Click Jabber in the Apple menu bar and then click Sign Out.
Increasingly, many of us find ourselves working outside the office. So having access to the communication channels you need from anywhere is a requirement to stay productive. Stanford’s Jabber service gives you that while simultaneously simplifying and unifying your communications with your colleagues. With your computer or a mobile device — and an Internet connection — you can instant message, place voice and video calls, share your desktop, conference, and more.
Here are just some of the features available to you when using Jabber.
Softphone — use your computer as your Stanford telephone, including placing, receiving, and forwarding calls.
Chat — instant message with other Jabber users, individually or in group chats, including your colleagues in Stanford Health Care (SHC) and Stanford Children’s Health (SCH).
(Note: If you work withHigh Risk data that includes protected health information, you must use Jabber for an instant messaging tool. Otherwise, Stanford Slack is the primary instant messaging tool for university faculty and staff.)
(Note: Chat history is only available for Stanford University users. This feature is disabled for Stanford Health Care (SHC) users for security reasons.)
Video conferencing — place ad hoc video calls when in a chat or softphone conversation with your university colleagues.
(Note: Zoom is the primary video conferencing tool for university faculty and staff.)
Screen sharing — share your computer screen when chatting or in a video conference.
Screen capture — take and share a screenshot when chatting or in a video conference.
File sharing — share files with your colleagues.
(Note: File sharing is only available for Stanford University users. This feature is disabled for SHC users for security reasons.)
Contact lists — create contact lists of those you collaborate with most often, including an easy-to-use contact search feature.
Presence — set your availability so others see whether you are available for a chat or call; see the availability of others.
University, SHC, and SCH faculty and staff
For Stanford University affiliates, Jabber is approved for Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data.
Jabber is provided at no charge as part of the telecommunications service.
Download and Install Jabber
To get started, you’ll need to download and install the Jabber application. Select your platform.
The Jabber application looks and works a little differently depending on the platform you’re using. See our Quick Guides to get started.
Download Cisco Jabber For Mac
- University affiliates: Submit a Help request.
- SHC affiliates: Call 650.724.4357 (4-HELP).
- SCH affiliates: Call 650.498.7500.
Download Cisco Jabber For Windows 10
Cisco Jabber Download For Mac
- For information about using Jabber Softphone, visit the service homepage.
- The video conferencing medical interpreter application (VMI) is a specialized SHC service launched through Cisco Jabber. Visit the VMI service page to learn more.
- Jabber software integrates directly with Proximity to ensure a seamless user experience when you want to share content wirelessly.