Fastboot And Adb For Mac Os
- Adb And Fastboot Download
- Minimal Adb And Fastboot Mac
- Adb Fastboot Gui Quick Install
- Setup Adb And Fastboot
- Fastboot And Adb On Mac
This guide post will help you easily Install ADB and Fastboot and launch it on your Windows, Linux, or macOS machine.
Are are an android freak who always tries to do something with your Android phone?. We always find users who always love tweaking and modding with their Android devices. new software and new updates are daily features for and Android devices and people love to install new frameworks on their device and give a try. To try new frameworks on any Android device, the device won’t officially support to remove the inbuilt framework and install a new framework. To do this the user has to unlock the bootloader and then they have to install the new custom framework or Rom.
Do Check: Download Magisk To Customize Android OS
For installing the custom ROM or to unlock the bootloader the user must have ADB and fastboot on their windows or mac device which is used to install the custom Rom. Following are the steps that are used to install ADB and Fastboot on windows and MAC devices.
Before beginning to know how to install these we need to know what these are and why they are required?
Brew cask install android-platform-tools Start using adb. Adb devices Option 2 - Manually (just the platform tools) This is the easiest way to get a manual installation of ADB and Fastboot. Delete your old installation (optional) rm -rf /.android-sdk-macosx/. Download ADB & Fastboot from here: NOTE: As of October 2017, entering './fastboot' will giv. Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. There are two best methods to install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS. The first one is by passing a script in Terminal by WonderHowTo sub-blog HTC One and the second one is by using Nexus Tool.So under-way below easy method to setup ADB and fastboot driver On Mac OS.
What is ADB?
ADB know and as Android Debug Bridge. By the name itself, we find that this is the software that is used for debug purpose of an Android device. It is basically available in Android development SDK. In short, it is used to execute command lines on the android device using your computer. It is the link between your Android device and the computer. By this device using the computer, you can control the Android device by connecting to a USB. We can also execute advances shell commands using this.
What is Fastboot?
Fastboot similar to the ADB is available in the Android SDK package. The main purpose of this is reflashing the partition using your computer.Using a fastboot, the file system images can be modified from a computer by using a USB connection.Like recovery, updates and zip files can also be installed from fastboot.
Adb And Fastboot Download
Setup ADB and Fastboot
ADB and Fastboot as mentioned previously are available in the Android SDK package. These can be easily found. You can easily download these files from the official site and then just install them using the instructions provided which are quite easy. After the installation just setup the environment variables and then that’s it. But if you want to install ADB and Fastboot you can follow the following steps which are clearly explained in detail.
We have explained each step in detail and just follow the steps in serial and you will not go anywhere wrong. One thing we must mention at the beginning that your android device must be in debug mode otherwise the system might not recognize the android device. So keep your Android device in debug mode from the settings.
Excited to Install ADB and FastBoot on your preferred system which includes Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Here below we have shared separate methods and installation file for all different platforms. That makes easy to install without any confusion. Let’s get started!
Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows OS
There are many possible ways that are available to install ADB and Fastboot but we have done our research and find out the two best possible methods that are easy and flexible. The two methods are
- Using 15 Second ADB installer
- Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot
So in the two methods, let’s see the first method
Steps to Install with 15 second ADB Installer [ Method #1 ]
First, download the drives of ADB and Fastboot from above link. Then follow the following steps
- First as mentioned download the ADB and Fastboot drives from above link. These files not only contain ADB but also Fastboot and USB driver within a short span of 15 seconds
- After downloading run the .exe file in the package
- You will get a command window. Observe, the command window and you have to type”Y” without quotes if you want to install ADB and Fastboot.
- And as you typed Y and given permission to install ADB and Fastboot, the setup will install them both and also copy all the files required into the directory.
- Once again type ‘Y’ to install the device driver. This may take few seconds to install the device drivers and after that, the command window will automatically close.
- That’s it! You have installed ADB and fastboot on your Windows PC Successfully.
If you are still facing issues, then do check the video tutorial below. Hope that would help you install the ADB & Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC soon.
Steps to Install with Minimal ADB and Fastboot [ Method #2 ]
- Here in this method also you need to download the minimal ADB software which is provided by XDA developer member with username @shimp208.
- The software contains only one .exe file. just run the .exe file that is downloaded.
- After that, the software will ask for the installation path. Provide the installation path and follow the installation steps carefully.
- After that select the file location and follow the next steps as shown in the software interface. It will install the software.
- Finally, after all the steps, you have successfully installed the software on your computer and you are ready to roll on
- After installation, you need to check whether the ADB and fastboot are installed properly. For this go to the installation directory abd by holding on your Shift Key & press the right button of your mouse. It will open the command prompt.
- Now type adb devices and it will list the list of adb devices available.
You have now been able to install ADB on Windows system. Hope everything went normally without any issues. From now you have established a connection between your PC and device which let you do further customization in Android OS.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac
If you are using MAC OS, then no problem. In order to install both these tools on your Mac, you need to follow the below steps.
Steps to Install ADB and Fastboot on MAC OS
- Download and extract the file from above link.
- Once you extract the zip file, move the folder from the extracted data to your desktop.
- Start a new Terminal Window.
- Enter the below command,
- Again enter the following commands as mentioned below,
- Now you will be able to run ADB and Fastboot commands from the same Terminal window. That’s it!
- You have been successful to install ADB on macOS.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Linux
To Install ADB and Fastboot on Linux platform you have to do some command stuff. Ubuntu users can skip the repository step and directly step on to the install command. But for others, they have to follow it.
- Download the platform tools package for Linux: Link
- Extract the ZIP and move it to the desktop.
- Now Open the Terminal window.
- Enter the following command:
- This will change the directory to where you extracted the ADB files.
- So for example:
- Connect your device & Change the mode to “file transfer (MTP)” mode.
- Enter the below command again,
- Allow USB debugging and re-enter the command adb devices.
- If everything was successful, you should now see your device’s serial number in the Terminal window output.
- Congrats! You have now been able to install ADB on Linux.
Linux Command to Install ADB and Fastboot on Linux
The repositories, you must enter the following command prior to the install command:
That’s it. These above commands allow you to send commands to your Android device or tablet from any terminal window.
Download ADB and Fastboot Binary
Google is allowing users to download the binaries without having to download the entirety of Android Studio. Users download several hundred megabytes worth of data if they simply wanted access to ADB and Fastboot. But with the ADB & Fastboot Binary, you don’t have to download entire files.
You can download the latest ADB and Fastboot binaries from below links. These download links will remain static, but Google will periodically update the referenced file with the latest binaries as they go live.
Installed ADB and Fastboot on your Windows system? Mac? Linux?
Hope you followed the above-mentioned guides to Install ADB and Fastboot Driver on your system without any issues. If you are facing any issues do let us know in comments below! Make sure you check How to Download SuperSU Zip and Install it.
Source – XDA
Here is the complete guide to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. ADB and Fastboot is the most important part for devices tweaking and installing firmware via PC. This method used for a different process on devices like install ROM, Rooting, Unlock bootloader and installing custom Recovery. Here is the full guide to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS with easy and simple way. Follow underneath article and don’t miss any part of the article and get the successful installation on Mac OS Fastboot and ADB.
Minimal Adb And Fastboot Mac
How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS and Windows:
ADB and the Fastboot setting is very easy on Mac OS than a window. Meanwhile, they individually are part of the Android SDK package, on the essential to do is download the kit (which is over 500 MB) and set up path variables. Or you can use below methods to install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS. Firstly put your device in USB debugging mode. For to do simply follow the below screenshot and enable USB Debugging Mode. Without doing this, your PC won’t recognize your device.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS:
There are two best methods to install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS. The first one is by passing a script in Terminal by WonderHowTo sub-blog HTC One and the second one is by using Nexus Tool. So under-way below easy method to setup ADB and fastboot driver On Mac OS.
Install ADB and fastboot on Mac OS Method 1:
Adb Fastboot Gui Quick Install
- Firstly, download the Android zip file and extract it on the desktop for easy to find.
- And then Open Terminal on Mac PC by Pressing Command + Spacebar key combination to open Spotlight search, and then type ‘Terminal’ on that.
- Now type ‘cd Desktop/Android’ on Terminal.
- After that select, the file on Android folder, select file ADB-Install-Mac.sh file and drag it on Terminal and press Enter.
- And then it will ask for your password detail to continue, enter your login password. It will proceed to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS.
- After that, you can see a message on Terminal ‘You may now run Android and Debug Bridge and Fastboot Command’ that means you successfully setup ADB and fastboot on Mac OS.
Install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS with Nexus Tool:
Setup Adb And Fastboot
- The given process established by XDA member @corbin052198, that install ADB and fastboot on Mac OS and Linux by entering a single command on terminal.
- Below command type or copy the quoted code and paste it on Terminal “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)“
- That command will setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. According to the developer, this command also works on Linux and you can easily setup ADB and fastboot on Linux also.
- If you want to uninstall ADB and fastboot from Mac type or copy the quoted code and paste it on Terminal “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)“
- It will easily uninstall ADB and Fastboot from Mac OS by following the above command.
Fastboot And Adb On Mac
So if you want to check ADB and Fastboot is correctly configured on your PC. Then type ‘adb devices’ on the terminal. It will show you the list of devices connected. And also checked by going to the location ‘/usr/bin ‘if you can found ADB and fastboot files. That’s means you have successfully setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. This is the complete guide to install ADB and Fasboot on Mac OS, with the easy and simple tutorial. Follow underneath article and don’t miss any part of the guideline. If you have any trouble comments below.