Pc Kies Samsung For Mac
Samsung Kies is user-friendly so that both young and old can work with the software. The time of cables is over. When you use Samsung Kies it’s so easy to get your photo’s from your mobile on your pc. Kies Air for mac is suitable for Galaxy S / SII and Wave I / II mobile phones and the Galaxy Tab. Step 1: Download and install the Samsung Kies software on your PC. Step 2: Connect your Samsung S8/S7/S6 phone to the computer using a USB cable and turn on the USB debugging on the phone. Step 3: Start Kies application on the computer and wait for the application to detect your phone automatically. Alternatives for Samsung Kies. Alternative One: Smart Switch Samsung Smart Switch is designed with two versions and they are Smart Switch on PC and on Mobile so that the users can manage the data on the computer/Mac as what Kies does and it can also allow users to migrate files between two devices only if one of device is Samsung.
By Louis Habersham, 24/12/2015, updated on 29/10/2019
When you connect your mobile device to Kies via a USB cable, you will be automatically notified of any updates to your device firmware that are available. Introducing Kies for your Mac computer. Kies support for your Mac is also available to help you manage your data transfers. How to Download Samsung Kies for Windows. Check your Samsung mobile model before.
As we have got familiar with using Samsung Smart Switch to transfer the phone data with freedom, actually lots of older Samsung users tend to use Samsung Kies to manage their phone files. Compared with Smart Switch, Kies is just developed as a software on the computer or Mac but it still plays significant role in data management which brings much convenience to the Samsung users. Now, let us go to check whether it deserves to use or whether to apply Smart Switch is much better.
Part 1. What is Samsung Kies?
As the name shows, Samsung Kies merely serves for Samsung cellphones or tablets and it majors in data management and system update. In fact, there are three versions of Kies: Kies 3; Kies 2.6 and Kies for Mac. Nowadays, most users should launch Kies 3 for it is suitable for some of those devices running Android 4.3 or later, while the 2.6 version can support 4.3 or older. There is also a Kies Air and it is said that it can connect Samsung with PC simply but I think it is difficult for the url on Kies Air should be opened on the computer and then they will be connected.
Anyway, Kies aims to bring convenience to users, so it can:1. Import and export the photos/videos/music. One thing should be noted that 2.6 version also works for organizing the contacts and subscribe the podcast;2. Provide methods to do a backup for the device and restore the backup files;3. Allow you to sync the media files between the Kies and the phone, which lets the files transfer swiftly;4. Offer hands to update the system version of the device.
Part 2. How to Manage Samsung Mobile?
Before using Kies, you may be confused about how to connect device with Kies. Two approaches are given: via USB cable and via Wi-Fi which is a little hard to operate so it is suggested that the first way should be used. Then, we can back up and restore data on Samsung device or sync the files.In the following tips, the tips of management will be presented.
Tips 1. Add Files into Library
No matter you connected the phone to PC or just opened the program, the left side lists the data in the library of Kies and the data of device. When we need to add some data into the library, click 'Music' button under the 'Library' and go on to click the plus button to add the files, such as songs, from the computer. After you have viewed those songs are in the music library, you can move them to certain playlist as you like.
Tips 2. Sync Music, Photos and Videos Between Samsung and Library
Launch Samsung Kies on the PC and click to run it. If you have connected your phone to the computer, you will view an interface with info of the device. Move the mouse on 'Sync' option next to 'Basic information'. Then tick the box in front of the data type, like 'Sync music' and press the 'Sync' button on the right top side. That is how to get the multimedia synced so that your Galaxy and Kies have the same files.
Tips 3. Update the Firmware of Samsung
When you enter the homepage of Kies, you can see the basic information and click 'Firmware Upgrade' to continue. The pop-up will ask you to confirm to start upgrade with ticking checkbox of 'I have read all of above information'.
Next, as what you update system on the device, Kies will download the firmware automatically and it will get into upgrading as the processing bar shows to you until it goes to 100%.
Part 3. Things Kies Cannot Do for Us
Every coin has both side. So does Samsung Kies. It works for data management with ease but it still cannot work out some problems as following:1. Kies cannot be practical in transferring data between two devices even though it has Kies Air which is hard to connect with another device's Air app.2. Kies is unable to support other phone models in managing data.3. Kies doesn't allow users to organize other data except photos, videos, music, contacts.4. The latest Kies seems to lag behind, compared with the earlier version, in some extents so it undermines users' confidence.
Part 4. Alternatives for Samsung Kies
Alternative One: Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch is designed with two versions and they are Smart Switch on PC and on Mobile so that the users can manage the data on the computer/Mac as what Kies does and it can also allow users to migrate files between two devices only if one of device is Samsung. What's more, it supports more data types than Samsung Kies program.
Alternative Two: Android Manager
Once you tend to move data between phone and PC or organize them well, there is no doubt that Android Manager is a good choice. For backing up data to PC, getting apps quickly, managing Android contact as well as sending SMS from PC, etc., it is conducive and even lets you take screen-shot of Android and enjoy music/videos on PC.
Are you looking for the best all in one tool for Android? A tool that can manage and control your Android from a PC. And also transfer files from PC to Android. Yes, we are talking about Samsung Kies, an official software from the Korean OEM Samsung itself. The name Kies stands for ‘Key Intuitive Easy System’.
This Samsung official tool has a lot more to offer than just a data transfer feature. However, it is not commonly used today, because of the other free options that are available out there. For that reason alone, today we are going to focus on Samsung Kies, its features, pros and cons, system requirement, and alternative tools.
What is Samsung Kies?
Kies is a proprietary Samsung free software application to communicate between a Samsung mobile phone and a computer, usually through a wired USB connection. However, the Samsung Kies latest update supports a wireless LAN Kies connectivity for various new devices. Moreover, it is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit of Windows as well as Macintosh operating system.
This Samsung software enables you to backup and restore android phone to PC free. Besides, it also lets you synchronize your phone’s data with the PC and search for new applications. Moreover, Samsung Kies keeps your mobile phone up to date. Just connect your phone to PC using a USB cable, and you’ll be automatically notified with the latest firmware update. It’s that simple!
If you are looking for free firmware upgrade software, then Samsung Kies is the one for you. Furthermore, you can use Kies to transfer data from the old phone to a new Android phone with just a single click. Additionally, you can also view and browse apps in full screen on your Windows PC, of course without any network restrictions. Overall, this tool gives you complete control to manage your data and sync the Samsung phone to PC.
Depending upon the Android version, this tool is available in several versions. Samsung Kies 3 version 3.2.15041_2 supports all Samsung Galaxy devices running Android 4.3 or later. Besides, version 126.96.36.19974_11 supports devices with Android 2.1 to 4.2. There is also a Kies Mini version, which supports only specific phones such as Samsung Captivate, Infuse, or Vibrant.
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, MAC
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or above (Windows) 1.8GHz Intel or faster processor (MAC)
- RAM: 1.00GB (Windows) 512MB or more (MAC)
- HDD Space: 500MB (Windows) 100MB (MAC)
- Required Software: .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or above, Windows Media Player 10 or above, DirectX 9.0C or above
Samsung Kies Features
The detailed Samsung Kies features are listed below. Check them out!
1. Import and Export
- With this tool, you can conveniently import photos and videos from phone to PC and vice versa.
- Additionally, it also lets you transfer contacts, messages, podcasts, and music files.
2. Backup and Restore
- For safety, this official software lets you backup your important phone data on your PC.
- If your mobile phone gets stolen or bricked, then you can easily restore the saved data on a new device.
3. Update Mobile Software
- As soon as you connect the phone to PC, Kies detects your device model and automatically notifies a new firmware version.
- Besides, this feature helps to always keep your phone updated with the latest Stock ROM.
4. Wireless Connection
- The latest Samsung Kies 3 supports a wireless LAN connectivity for many new Galaxy smartphones and tablets.
- Simply connect your phone to the tool using Wi-Fi and synchronize the data.
5. Sync Samsung Contacts
- Kies offers you to synchronize phone contacts with Google account, Yahoo as well as Outlook.
- Additionally, you can easily add or edit phone contacts on PC.
- On the other hand, you can also sync music, photos, videos, podcasts, books, and memos.
Advantages of Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies Software
Let’s check out some exciting Samsung Kies advantages.
1. Clean User Interface
- The tool sports an easy to use and simple user interface that helps you to navigate without any issues.
- Besides, the multi-tab layout and well-organized set of functions makes a task more convenient.
2. Wide range of Features
- You can implement plenty of operations with a wide range of features.
- On the other hand, there is absolutely no need for any third-party app like File Manager, or Backup and Restore.
3. Easy and Quick Installation
- The software setup requires a few drivers that are automatically downloaded and installed.
- Additionally, you do not require to search for these drivers separately on Google.
4. Supports Multimedia Format
- This application supports a wide range of multimedia files, that can be moved from your Android device to PC and vice versa.
- Also, it lets you transfer audio (MP3, AAC, WAV, and OGG), video (DIVX, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, 3GP, and MP4), and image (GIF, JPG, BMP) files.
5. Built-In Video Conversion
- Kies comes with a built-in converter to encode videos manually or automatically.
- Furthermore, you can convert the videos in a specific resolution, bitrate, and frame rate.
Disadvantages of Samsung Kies
Now, we’ll check out the drawbacks of Samsung Kies.
- Users have noticed that the software tends to disconnect and becomes unresponsive, especially on Mac OS.
- Besides, to solve this Kies connectivity problem, you simply need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable from your PC.
2. Slow Speed
- Sometimes, the tool takes too long to sync or move data from the phone to the computer and vice versa.
- Moreover, it happens mostly for HD pictures and video files.
- To fix this issue, you need to download Samsung Kies 3 latest version.
- For a few users, this app duplicates the outlook contacts on PC.
- Moreover, it also makes the computer crash several times.
4. No proper instructions
- During an error message, users are asked to reconnect the device by unplugging the USB cable.
- Sometimes, you can solve this problem by disabling USB debugging, or by closing apps.
- Samsung should include a valid instruction guide to fix this error message.
Samsung Kies (All Versions)
Samsung Kies Alternatives
Pc Kies Samsung For Mac 7
- Samsung Smart Switch
- Wondershare MobileGo
- Samsung SideSync
- Droid Explorer
How to Use Samsung Kies?
Download Samsung Kies App
- You can use this official Samsung tool to carry out several functions such as import, export, backup, restore, update firmware, and sync accounts, etc.
- Just download and install it on your computer, then connect your Android device using a standard USB data cable.
- Moreover, it will automatically install mobile-specific USB drivers, along with the DirectX drivers on your PC.
- Also, it will also automatically recognize your mobile phone model number.
- And, if a new Android firmware version is available, the tool will immediately notify you.
- Finally, a simple user interface and easy instructions will further guide you on how to use Kies.
Pc Kies Samsung For Macbook
If you have any queries, or suggestions related to this article, then kindly comment below. Thank you!