Samsung Mobile For Mac
Samsung mobile software, free download - Samsung Mobile Utility, Apple Samsung Printer Drivers, Skype, and many more programs. If you have a Mac and a Samsung with Android 5.x-10.x and want to sync them - SyncMate is right for you! It will sync your phone and computer in a few clicks. Sync personal data FREE.
Not long ago, Samsung released Samsung Galaxy S9/8, which has been warmly welcomed on the market. Samsung Galaxy series have enjoyed great popularity among users. As you know, with the development of smart phone industry, we can achieve more with our Samsung phone. Then inevitably, people will spend much more time on playing with mobile phone than before and certainly there are many important files stored on Samsung storage space.
Sometimes you may need to transfer data between Samsung and computer, such as contacts, SMS, photos and videos, for backup, and sometimes you also want to copy files from computer into your Samsung device. Next, we are going to show you two ways to transfer files between Samsung Galaxy and computer.
Method 1: Transfer Photos, Videos & Music between Samsung and PC via Copy & Paste
Method 2: Transfer Files between Samsung and Computer with Samsung Data Manager
1. Transfer Photos, Videos & Music between Samsung and PC via Copy & Paste
1. Connect your Samsung device with your PC via a USB cable. Once the connection is enabled, you should choose the Media Device MTP from the prompt.
2. Turn to the left bottom of your computer screen and click the Windows logo, then, click the folder-shaped icon in the lower-left side of the Start window. This will open the File Explorer program.
Samsung Mobile Suite For Mac
3. Click the name of your Samsung phone from the left side bar of the File Explorer and click to open it.
4. Decide to choose the 'Internal Storage' or the 'SD card' folder according to where your media files are saved.
5. Open the folder labeled 'DCIM' where your photos and videos are stored. By the way, you should find other folders if your media files are not all in the DCIM folder.
6. Now, you can select the photos, videos and other more media files you want to move to your computer and copy and paste them to your computer. You can create a folder on your computer to save the transferred files.
7. If you want to copy files from computer to Samsung phone, you can select the files, copy them and paste to the Camera folder (or other folder where your media files are in) on your Samsung phone.
See Also: Transfer Music Between Samsung Phone and Computer
2. Transfer Files between Samsung and Computer with Samsung Data Manager
You can also transfer files from Samsung to computer, and vice versa, using one click, without the complicated operations like above. Here this Coolmuster Samsung Data Manager is exactly one of the best assistant programs to help share files between Samsung smart phone and PC. With it, you are able to view all files on your Samsung phone and computer before exporting. Thus you can transfer them selectively.
As you know, contacts and text messages are generally forbidden to be accessed to computer. While, by running this software, the entire contacts and messages on your Samsung cell phone can be copied to PC with one click. In fact, this Samsung File Transfer program could be very functional, just download the free trial version to have a try.
Step 1. Launch Samsung Data Manager
Launch the installed Samsung Data Manager and use a USB cable to connect your Samsung device to the computer. The program will detect the connected Samsung soon and display it on its interface.
Step 2. Scan Samsung Phone for wanted files
All your Samsung files are arranged one by one on the left sidebar, including Apps, Music, Photo, Video, Book, Contacts, and so on. Now you can enter any folder to preview files at will.
Step 3. Transfer Files Between Samsung Phone and Computer
You can preview Samsung files and select the ones you need by ticking off the checkbox in front of them.
- If you want to copy files from computer to Samsung phone, just hit the 'Add' button to achieve that easily.
- If you are going to backup Samsung data to PC, you should mark your wanted files and touch the 'Export' icon. Then you will save all targeted files to computer in batches.
Very easy to operate, right? Now you can download the free trial version to try this Coolmuster Samsung Data Manager by yourself. Then you will get more practical features of this program.
Part 1: Where to Download Samsung Smart Switch for Mac from?
Earlier, Samsung used to have a dedicated tool – Kies to manage their devices on any system. Since the tool was getting outdated, Samsung released Smart Switch for both mobile and desktop. For instance, you can learn how to transfer mobile data using Smart Switch app. On the other hand, the Windows and Mac application can be used to backup your Samsung, restore an existing backup, or sync it with your system. Here are some of its major features:
- It can be used to take an entire backup of a Samsung device on your Mac. This would include your photos, videos, messages, documents, and more.
- There is also a provision to select any previously taken backup and restore it to your Samsung as well.
- Apart from its native backup, it can also be used to restore third-party backups to Samsung as well (like restoring an iTunes backup).
- With it, you can also sync your Samsung phone with your Outlook calendar, iCal, Mac Address Book, etc.
- If you wish to upgrade your Samsung device to its latest software, then you can also take the assistance of Smart Switch for Mac.
Download link and System Requirements
To download Samsung Smart Switch on Mac, simply visit its official website right here. Download the installer and complete the wizard to install Samsung Smart Switch on Mac. Though, you should make sure that your system is running on either macOS X 10.5 or a later version. It should have at least 1 GB of memory and 200 MB of space left on the hard drive. Also, your Samsung device should be running on Android 4.2 or a later version.
How to use Samsung Smart Switch on Mac?
Once you have successfully installed Smart Switch on Mac, just go through these simple steps to use its backup and restore features.
Samsung Mac Software
Step 1. Connect your Samsung phone to your system and launch the Smart Switch application on it. It will detect your smartphone and provide features like backup, restore, and sync.
Samsung Mobile Drivers For Mac
Step 2. To move your phone’s data to Mac, just click on the “Backup” option. Smart Switch on Mac would start extracting all kinds of data from your phone and would save them on the system.
Step 3. To get back your saved data, just click on the “Restore” button instead and select an appropriate backup from the available list. Also, you can pick the kind of data that you wish to restore to your device.
Samsung Mobile Manager For Mac
Step 4. You can also go to the “More Restore Options” on Smart Switch to restore an existing iTunes backup to your Samsung as well. This will also let you manually load a previous backup.
Samsung Mobile Format Software
In the same way, you can also use Smart Switch on Mac to sync your Outlook, iCal, or Mac Address Book with your phone. It can also let you update your device and explore tons of other options.