Stream For Mac To Ps3
How to stream YouTube videos from Mac to PS3 through PS3 Media Server. Dec 12, 2014 05:53 am / Posted by John Salley to Media Players, Video. For those video-game enthusiasts, Play Station 3 is essential equipment. Though the PS3 is famous as a professional video game player, it is also a perfect HD media player which plays an important role in. Apple TV+ is a streaming service featuring Apple Originals — award-winning series, compelling dramas, groundbreaking documentaries, kids’ entertainment, comedies, and more — with new Apple Originals added every month.
- How To Stream Ps3 Games
- Stream Ps3 Games On Pc
- Stream For Mac To Ps3 Hard Drive
- Stream For Mac To Ps3 Controller
This detailed tutorial will take you step by step all the way through the process required to stream video files/movies from your Mac to your Playstation 3 – using nothing but free software.
This tutorial will show you how to install and setup Vuze, which is actually a bittorrent client. We’ll be using as the ‘streaming server’ on your Mac – which your PS3 can connect to and then play on your TV.
- Before you get started, turn on your PS3, and make sure it’s connected to your local network. Then head over to your Mac.
- Now download Vuze. Open the .dmg file, and then run the Vuze Installer.
- Place a check in the box labeled Customize, and then click the I Agree button.
- Remove the check mark from the box labeled I accept the License terms and want to install the Vuze toolbar remote. You can of course install it if you want – I just didn’t find it very helpful. Click the Next > button.
- Vuze will continue the installation process.
- You’ll be prompted to opt to install TuneUp, which is a program that cleans up your iTunes library. It’s not free, but may come with a demo. I opted to Decline. As with the toolbar, this choice is up to you.
- After the installation has finished, Vuze will run and immediately run a speed test. Let it, but you can safely ignore the results.
- Here’s where it gets important. In the left column/window, click the Turn On button in the Devices section.
- Before you click the Turn On button, decide if you want to share anonymous device statistics with Vuze. If you do, leave the box checked. If not, remove the check mark. Then click the Turn On button.
- The files required for streaming from your Mac (via Vuze) to your PS3 will now be downloaded and installed.
- Now it’s time to add videos to Vuze, so that you can stream them to your PS3. Locate a few videos / movies and drag them from Finder to the PS3 icon in the Devices list of Vuze.
- You’ll be prompted to choose either PS3 HD or PS3 SD. HD is high-definition, SD is standard-definition. I have always opted for PS3 HD and never had a problem (and the videos look great).
- Your videos will now be added to the Vuze PS3 library. Some video types will need to be converted to a format compatible with the PS3. XviD files, one of the most popular video formats, do not need to be converted. MKV files however, do. As you can see in the screenshot below, the file Apollo 13.mkv needs to be converted, and is going to take approximately 7 hours and 24 minutes. The time it takes to convert videos that need converting is based on your Mac’s speed and the size and type of the video file being converted. Once you have a few videos added, move on to the next step.
- Head over to your PS3. From the Dashboard move to the Video section. If you see a Vuze on [your Macs name], skip down to step #19 below. Otherwise, continue with the next step.
- Select Search for Media Servers from the Video category of your PS3’s Dashboard.
- Give it a few minutes to run…
- … and at least one media server should be found. Return to the Video section.
- Now select Vuze on [your Macs name].
- Select the Movies folder.
- Scroll through your videos, and select one to watch/test.
- The video should start streaming after a moment.
- That’s it – you’re done! As long as Vuze is running on your Mac and it’s on the same local network as your PS3, you’ll be able to access it from your PS3.
PS3 is the most advanced computer system that serves as a platform to enjoy next generation computer entertainment contents in the home. This article will guide you through the whole process of streaming video from PC to PlayStation3. Just with a few tweaks to your settings, and some software set up on your computer, you can stream music, videos, and photos from your computer(s) to your PS3 over your home network. Here’s how:
Stream PlayStation 3 Supported Video Formats
FIRST, CHECK YOUR PS3 SETTINGS
Some people may find that even if they follow the steps below, you may not be able to get your PS3 and PC to connect to each other. One thing that may cause this is if you have not got your Media Server Connection enabled on your PS3. To check if you have:
How To Stream Ps3 Games
- From your PS3 Home screen, scroll across to Settings.
- Then scroll down to NetworkSettings.
- Then select Media Server Connection.
- Ensure this is set to Enabled, otherwise streaming will not work.
OPTION 1 – WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER
So you don’t want to download any extra software? Windows Media Player is all you need. First thing we’re going to set is the sharing settings on your computer. If your computer isn’t set to share files, no matter how hard you try the PS3 will never see your computer, and if it does it probably won’t be able to play what it finds. To get things running, follow the steps below, starting with the Network and Sharing Centre.
- In Windows 8: Open your start screen and type ‘Network and Sharing’. Click on ‘Settings’ on the right hand side, and finally click ‘Network and Sharing Centre’.
- In Windows 7: Click on your start button, and click ‘Control Panel’. ‘Network and Sharing Centre’ should be listed here, if not, click Network and Internet and then you’ll see the option.
- Along the left hand side of Network and Sharing Centre, there will be a title saying ‘Change Advanced Sharing Settings’
- For the profile you are using, first make sure Network Discovery is turned ON. Without this, your computer won’t show up on networked devices, such as your PS3.
- Next, make sure File and printer sharing isON. Without this, won’t be able to access any of the media on another device.
Next, let’s turn on the Media Streaming Sever. There will be an option further down for Media streaming, clickChoose Media Streaming Options. When you click this, if you get a button saying ‘Turn on Media Streaming’ click it! This needs to be on for the whole thing to work.
If you have followed up to this point, Congratulations! You can now leave your PC and go to your PS3. Turn on your PS3, and go to either the Audio, Video or Music section, and your PC should be listed there as a media source. Select it, and all available media will be there to use.
Huzzah! You now have a media stream set-up. Results with Windows Media Player have been inconsistent however. Whilst this originally worked fine for me, after a few uses the computer and PS3 wouldn’t see each other without of the settings described above changing. This is a major drawback to using Windows Media Player as it seems to be temperamental and doesn’t provide much information about why it’s not working. There are also limitations and certain file types will never be able to stream using this method. Time for a plan B I hear you cry…
OPTION 2 – PS3 MEDIA SERVER
After the inconsistent results I experienced with Windows Media Player, I found my way to a piece of software called ‘PS3 Media Server’.
If you’re using Windows, just visit their site, click on the Windows logo, and then click pms-setup-windows.exe (there will be a number there too, which is just its version number).
Once the file has been downloaded, open it up and follow the next couple of steps on screen to install the program, open it up and you should see this:
The thing I love about this software most is… That’s it! We’re all set-up!
Go to your PS3 and you should see the PS3 Media Server Listed in a similar position to the screen shot of the PS3 above.
To access your media, you click on the icon, and the folders you now get on the PS3 are the same as on your computer. So to get to My Documents you will have to go into C:Users, click on your username, and then My Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures should be listed here. You can change this if you wanted, so only certain folders are shared in case you didn’t want everything on your PC on show, but this is how it is set up as standard.
To make it so only certain folders are shown on the PS3 follow the instructions below:
- Click the “Navigation/Share Settings” tab
- At the bottom you’ll find a “Shared folders” section.
- Remove where it says by clicking the Red X
- Click the folder with a green plus to add a folder.
- Once you’ve added a folder to this list, it will show on the PS3.
The other really good thing about PS3 Media Server, is that it converts while you watch. This means that files which normally wouldn’t play on a PS3 because it’s not a file type the PS3 can usually play are changed into files that will play, as you’re still watching them! This is done automatically, and it usually doesn’t require any additional loading time too so just select the file you want to play.
There are other programs out there which will do the same thing, so don’t feel like this is the only answer. I personally love PS3 Media Server as it is so easy to set up and use, while other software such as Plex work just as well after being set up. It has to be said, both PS3 Media server & Plex can stream to more than just videos to your PS3 so this guide is really only scratching the surface.
After this simple set up, you will be able to stream content to your PS3 without hassle, just keep your PC turned on, but don’t forget the most important step: relax in front of your TV with the popcorn and drinks! Bring on Baseketball.
For mac users, refer to the mac solution.
Part 2: Stream Any Video Format from PC to PlayStation3
Stream Ps3 Games On Pc
As we know, the PS3 can support MPEG-4, H.264, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI, Motion JPEG, AVCHD(.m2ts / .mts), DivX, WMV, VC-1 formats. Due to this format limitation, to stream/transfer videos to PS3 successfully, to prepare the PS3 compatible video is necessary. PS3 Video Converter is the highly recommended tool for you here, which enables you to rip Blu-ray/DVD and convert any video format like MOV, FLV, MOD, TiVo, VOB, MKV, M2TS, etc. to PS3 compatible format within a few clicks.
1. Launch the PS3 Video Converter and import movie source to it.
2. Choose output format via clicking the Format bar and choose “PSP/PS3 > PS3 Video(1080P) MPEG-4(*.mp4)”. If you prefer a smaller file size, click Settings to adjust the video size, video bitrate, frame rate.
Stream For Mac To Ps3 Hard Drive
3. Press the big “Convert” button to start the video conversion process. After the conversion, you can watch any videos on PS3 at your will without hassle. Mac workflow is here.
Stream For Mac To Ps3 Controller
Have DRM protected iTunes movies, learn how to get iTunes m4v to PS3 for playback.